Adam has over 25 years experience as a Town Planner in both the public and private sectors.
Adam commenced his planning experience in Local Government at a number of Councils within the Sydney metropolitan area (Hornsby, Manly, Warringah and Auburn). Following a year working for the Planning Appeals Board in the Republic of Ireland, Adam joined the private sector as a Development Manager for Estate Property Group and then Becton. In 2008 Adam established Byrnes PDM (Plan Design Manage) a small planning and development management firm. In 2011 David Borger and Adam Byrnes established Think Planners, a town planning firm with a Western Sydney focus.
Sound experience in both statutory and strategic planning, along with an appreciation of the commerciality of projects and their delivery, has served Adam well in his ability to serve clients, whether multinational companies or first time developers.
Adam, along with fellow Directors Jonathon Wood and David Borger, have grown Think Planners in a short period of time into a medium sized planning firm that has an excellent client base and a long list of successfully approved and completed projects.
In recent times, Adam has focused his attention on providing high level planning advice in relation to progressing and delivering significant projects; liaising with Government; presenting to Design Panels and the JRPP on behalf of clients; running Design Excellence Competitions; and appearing as an Expert Witness at the Land and Environment Court of NSW.
Adam is a Director of Christadelphian Aged Care (CAC), which manages 10 aged care facilities in NSW and QLD, with over 1000 residents. Excellence in care, engaged and positive staff, a positive Christian environment and sincere interest in each of the residents and their families wellbeing is the mission of CAC.
For Adam, the good things and joys of life include –
- Family – Michelle and our three daughters Zambia, Azura and Zariel.
- The Big Picture – Bible reading and studying, being an active member of the Christadelphian community.
- Surfing – Northern Beaches, Crescent Head, Telos Islands, Western Samoa, Maldives, South Africa.
- Winning – The ping pong “player of the week” trophy at the office.
- A Perfect Day – Morning surf and swim with the family, brunch or lunch by the sea, family and friends over for a sunset BBQ on a warm sunny Sydney day.
- Professional People – Appreciating the Think Planners team who are a group of professionals that display integrity, hard work and good humour. Appreciating the Think Planners clients who are instrumental in creating change and delivering outcomes. Appreciating the many good people I interact with day to day – architects, urban designers, traffic engineers, heritage architects, stormwater engineers, academics, visionaries, people in local government and state government, and many many more.